Fully automatic colony counter
The AID BacSpot System family is a group of automated colony counters, designed for microbiological laboratories which need to screen and analyse a huge amount of bacterial colonies and other organisms such as virus plaques, mold and yeast on different kinds of agar plates.
The AID BacSpot Robot 90mm (BacRob09) colony counter is suitable for high throughput analysing of 90mm Petri dishes. The system takes up to 100 plates in one run, up to 999 plates can be analysed in one project. Various algorithm for special counting needs (e.g. Staphylococcus counting mode) are implemented.
The AID BacSpot machines are equipped with a user friendly, intuitive colony counting software which allows to analyse plates either fully automated or in a manually way. In addition a Zone Sizing software module for use in antibiotic resistance testing approaches is available on request without any extra costs.
All AID BacSpot Systems are made to be fully compliant with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Rules on Electronic Records and Electronic Signature. For unrestricted use in the European Union all AID BacSpot Systems carry the CE certification label.
- Fully automated system
- Up to 100 plates per run
- Separation of negative and positive plates according to user-defined counting thresholds
- High resolution images with a firewire connected digital camera
- Transmitted and reflected long life LED illumination
- Controlled by a high-end PC
- Data export to Excel, PowerPoint, LIMS, .txt-files
- CE, DIN EN ISO 9001, DIN EN ISO 13485